2. What information does we obtain?
Below are some examples of the circumstances under which we may collect your personal information and the types of such personal information we may collect:
- a. We may collect your first and last name, Product or Service details and contact details if you contact us with a question.
- b. We may collect your first and last name, mailing address, billing information and any other information which are reasonably necessary for us to fulfil and meet our obligations under the purchase order if you purchase Products and/or Services from the Sites.
- c. We may collect your billing information, address, phone number, details of your purchase from us and any other information which are reasonably necessary for us to provide customer service;
- d. We may collect your first and last name, mailing address and usage data to track your usage of the Service(s) made available on the Sites but only to the extent reasonably required for us to provide such Service(s) or related Service(s).
- e. We may collect registration details about products or any hardware (including serial number, place of purchase, purchase date) that you purchase, and this information may be tied to your name and mailing address;
- f. If you choose to participate in a contest, game, competition, promotional or marketing event or any activity managed, organised, and/or operated by us (collectively, “Promotional Activities”), we may collect your first and last name, date of birth, email address, contact details, photos/images, emergency contacts and any other information which are reasonably necessary and/or legally required for us to manage, organise and operate such Promotional Activities.
- g. We may collect your name and mobile phone number if you provide us with clear and unambiguous consent authorising us and/or our agents to send marketing/advertising/telemarketing messages (including SMS, MMS, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype etc) to your mobile number.
- h. We may collect your first and last name, email address, password, screen name, date of birth and any other information reasonably necessary or required for us to create a user account for you to upload content or to add comments on the Sites.
If you do not want us to collect your personally information, please do not provide such information to us. However, in some situation, this may result in our inability to provide you with our Products or Services you may request.
The information that we may receive when you access/use the Sites falls within the following categories:
- • Device Information. We may collect information about your device and about you when you use our Service(s) through the Sites. Device Information may include without limitation product code or model number, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, product category, country code or device identity number(s).
- • Account Information. When you first register with the Sites, you will be asked and prompted to enter certain information, such as your email address, password, telephone number, name and address as well as any other information reasonably necessary or required for us to create a user account for you.
- • Usage Information. Usage Information refers to all information collected from the Sites which may include without limitation clicking logs, your downloads, your registration details or information on how you may be using the Sites.
- • IP Address. When you use the Sites, we may automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognized by our server.
- • Cookie. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Sites, a cookie is placed on the user's machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Sites previously. Cookies may also be used to track users across the Web. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Sites. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalised features enjoyed by other users who visit the Sites. Some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. Depending on your browser, these cookies may not be automatically deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.
- • Web Beacons. (also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs" or "pixel tags") "Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
We may collect such information when you access/use the Sites for the following purposes:
- • To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- • To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- • To understand the user experience of those who visit our Sites;
- • To provide you with a user-friendly navigation experience;
3. How will we use the information it obtain?
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information that is collected for the following purposes (“Purpose”):
- • To deliver Product(s) and/or provide Service(s) requested by you;
- • To respond to your queries, requests, feedbacks or complaints;
- • To alert you of special offers, updated information, other new products or service, or to forward promotional materials to you, provided your consent for us to do the same is obtained by us;
- • To facilitate and complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- • To manage, organise and operate our promotional activities which you participate in;
- • To allow you access to limited-access areas of the Sites;
- • To allow you to upload content or to add comments to the Sites;
- • To contact you in response to your inquiries;
- • To protect and defend our rights and property, including without limitation by way of legal proceedings;
- • To protect and defend the rights and property of our affiliates, our customers, our business partners, third parties or any member of the public;
- • To meet our legal, compliance and/or audit requirements, including without limitation compliance with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines;
- • For legal purposes, including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution;
- • For conducting investigation relating to disputes, billing, complaints etc;
- • For preventing, detecting and investigating illegal conducts (eg fraud);
- • For marketing purposes of which your consent is obtained;
- • For internal record keeping purposes;
- • To manage our administrative and business operations and for compliance with our internal policies and procedures, including those relating to compliance and management of legal and commercial risks; and
4. Disclosure of Information
Please be informed that there are circumstances where it is inevitable for us to share and disclose your information to third parties. Some of such circumstances and examples of third party entities with whom we may share your information include without limitation:-
- • Our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates
- • Third party service providers, including without limitation our legal advisors, auditors, insurers and consultants
- • Other parties when required by law; and
- • Other parties in connection with corporate transactions
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- Our Parent Company, Subsidiaries and Affiliates
We may have to disclose your personal information to our affiliates who may be in other countries other than Singapore (eg our parent company in the Republic of Korea), in order for us to provide you with the Product(s) and/or Service(s) that have been requested by you, or otherwise necessary for the Purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers
If you purchase our Products or make use of our Services, your personal information may be handled and processed by independent third-party service providers, agents or contractors who may not be affiliated with us but provide us with the necessary services for us to provide you with our Products and Service, for example, such third party service providers may help us maintain our Sites, provide administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfilment, providing customer service, maintaining and analysing data, sending customer communications on our behalf), and the fulfilment of our obligations under the purchase order(s) as well as the administration, management and/or operation of our Promotional Activities.
We endeavour to ensure that these independent third parties who are not affiliated with us will not use the personal information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which they are responsible for, and to protect the personal information in accordance with the requirements of the relevant law. If you do not wish for such independent third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or provide any personal Information to us. However, in some situation, this may result in our inability to provide you with our Products or Services you may request.
We do not normally solicit for and/or collect your financial information and credit card numbers from you. If such information is requested, e.g. if you choose to make any purchase on the Sites, you can contact us for confirmation of the validity and authenticity of the offer prior to sending us any of your financial information and/or credit card numbers. Should it be necessary that we collect your credit card number, billing address and other personally information due to your purchase at the Site(s), we will use the collected information for the purpose of fulfilling your purchase. We may also disclose such information, or other personally information provided by you to independent third parties who may or may not be affiliated with us, only if it is necessary to complete your purchase.
- Other Parties When Required by Law
We may be required by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authorities to disclosure your personal information.
- Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions
In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger or sale of all or part of our business (including that of a division or subsidiary), we may need to disclose the necessary information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers.
5. Collection and Use of Information from Children, Minors And the Legally Incapacitated Persons
Protecting the privacy of children, minors and legally incapacitated persons are important to us. We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain personal information from children, minors and legally incapacitated persons or knowingly allow such persons to access and/or use the Sites without parental or legal guardian consent. If you are below 18 (in Singapore) or otherwise the age of majority of your location (for countries other than Singapore) or lack legal capacity to grant us consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, please do not attempt to register on the Sites or send us any personal information without approval from your parents and/or legal guardians. Should we learn that a child, minor or legally incapacitated person has provided us with any personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information, unless otherwise required by law.
6. Providing Personal Information Belonging to a Third Party
If you provide us with any personal information belonging to a third party (e.g. your spouse, children, parents, relatives etc), you represent that you have obtained the necessary consent of such third party to do so. If you do not have the necessary consent, please do not provide us with such personal information.
7. Overseas Transfers of Personal Information
8. Retention of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that we retain your personal information for only as long as the purpose for which the collection of the personal information is served or such retention is otherwise necessary for legal or business purposes.
9. Unsubscribe / Withdrawal of Consent
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our Services via email or text message. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our Products and Services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law.
Please note that it is in your interest to ensure that we are able to deliver certain non-marketing-related messages, such as notices of payments, and that we may be required to deliver certain notices to you by law. In addition we may deliver certain marketing-related messages, provided we have obtained your additional consent.
If you do not want to receive any emails or text messages from us, you may choose to unsubscribe from our such Services. You may unsubscribe by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box provided at the points where information is collected, by contacting us using the contact details provided herein or otherwise in accordance to the procedure stated, for example, you may click on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email. We will process your request to unsubscribe the service as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscription is completely processed.
Otherwise than the above, if you wish to withdraw your consent relating to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer with the contact details below.
10. Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any product review board, chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your personal information, do not include it in any message you post.
11. Third Party Web Sites
The Sites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.
12. Tracking Technologies
When you access and/or use the Sites, third parties outside our control may collect information about your online activities as well as your online activities across different websites over time. We are not responsible for such third party data collection.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Nevertheless, due to the design of the internet, ever-changing technology, and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that the Sites will be free from unauthorised access by third parties or that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software, or that any transmission of information via emails or the internet will be entirely secured and free from access by third parties. To the maximum extent permissible under law, we do not accept any responsibility and liability for the disclosure of personal information due to errors in transmission, the unauthorised or unlawful acts of third parties or your decision to disclose your personal information on the Sites. You must also take appropriate steps to keep your password confidential and change it regularly.
14. Access and correction of personal data
If you wish to request for access to and/or correction of your personal information you have provided us (or otherwise within our possession or control), please contact our Data Protection Officer with the contact details in the below.
You may be required to fill up a form for such requests. Please take note that we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee in order to meet your request for access to your personal information.
15. Contacting Wow! Gadgets Pte Ltd